It has been a crazy Thanksgiving week for me. I rushed to all malls in the city just to look for a nice top for my next Cebu getaway. I already know what to wear but I really can’t find a nice, colorful yet affordable polo. I visited Forever 21 a day before our trip and to my surprise, I finally found not one, but two! :)
There’s this new restaurant in Quirino Avenue and I’ve been wanting to try and eat there. When Benj and I met last night, we decided to try Tori Grill. It’s a new grill restaurant that serves barbeque in Japanese style!
When I saw it on Facebook and it all got hyped up all of a sudden, I thought maybe I should try it too. They had a promo that when you book a taxi using the app, you’ll pay the metered fare less P100. So everybody went gaga over it! Pero ako? Nahhh… next time. Hahaha! So the promo ended I-don’t-know-when. Then here comes the P50 Less your metered fare promo. So I decided, OK fine. Let’s try it. Honestly speaking, once you tried it, you can’t stop! Hahaha!
GrabTaxi is the first e-hailing company in the Philippines. It started in Malaysia as MyTeksi. This is very useful to all passengers especially now that we experience heavy rains and traffic. This is also very efficient to all taxi drivers and operators. No need to look around for passengers.
How to use GrabTaxi
1. Download the app and register. It will ask for your name and mobile number. Pick a starting point and your destination then tap next.
2. Type in some notes if you want to help the driver recognize you. Then type the promo code if there’s any. Then tap Confirm Booking.
3. GrabTaxi will now contact the drivers nearby. They each have a smartphone and will ping them each time there are bookings nearby.
4. If they don’t have passengers, they will accept your booking and will go straight to your location.
5. The good thing about this is you will know the name of your taxi driver, his taxi number, and how minutes will he arrive at your location. You can also contact the driver thru text or call in case he missed you.
6. Once he arrived, he will ask your name to confirm your booking. Then off you go!
7. Once you arrived at your location, you can tap End Trip and tap I have arrived.
8. They will also ask for a rating of your ride. I always tap 6 stars! :)
I’ve been using GrabTaxi for a week now and it’s been very helpful for me.
1. It will take time to look for a driver when booking. One time, it took me almost 10 minutes to finally get a driver. Maybe because there are a lot of bookings around the area or it’s just a busy day. So if you are really in a hurry, this will not be helpful. So try to book ahead of time.
2. Put the right location. I cancelled a booking because I gave the wrong address.
3. The drivers are very courteous. Try to smile and greet them too! :)
The P50 Less Promo is up until December 21. Use the promo code “PASKO” when booking. If the promo ends, they will charge P70 on top of your fare. So you have the whole week to book your rides!
But since I feel so generous today, I want you to download the app now and use this REFERRAL CODE and enjoy FREE BOOKING FEE off your FIRST THREE RIDES! I hope it helps!
FOLLOW GRABTAXI ON FACEBOOK NOW!
Christmas is finally here! SM Lanang Premier launched their Christmas event last November 8, 2014. Mall goers will really feel the Christmas spirit because of the grand lighting of the Xmas Tree @ the Atrium and the unveiling of the LEGO Christmas Village. I was really happy to be invited in this wonderful occasion.
I was so excited since it was my first cover for an event as a blogger. Thanks to Davao Bloggers Society for the opportunity. It was great!
Kiana Valenciano was the celebrity host of the show. I was surprised when she sang 3 different Christmas songs that lifted everyone’s hearts that afternoon. She revealed that it was her first hosting stint and she was really nervous.
Davao Girls’ Choir and Songspell Kids Choir also sang timeless Christmas songs to make the afternoon more spectacular.
How can you not love these human drummer boys?
The Xmas Tree is 57 feet high wrapped with different ornaments and Xmas lights. This is by far the tallest Xmas tree I’ve seen here in Davao.
(More photos of the LEGO XMAS VILLAGE in my other post here.)
Santa really came to town! As he gave gifts to the kids from San Antonio, Agdao and other beneficiaries with the help of City Social Services and Development Office.
Visit SM Lanang Premier with your kids every weekend of December for a meet and greet with the LEGO Santa. I’m sure your kids will be very happy to see him. Take pics to make it more memorable!
Like SM Lanang Premier on FACEBOOK for more updates!